We’re teaming back up with our friends at Spoonflower for a whole month of challenges. After our successful collaboration last year, we knew we had to work with them again.
This month’s design challenges will be inspired by animals and the environments in which they live, with 4 sub-themes: desert, mountain, rainforest and aquatic. For every design entered into the 4 Bucketfeet themes, Spoonflower will be donating $1 to the Native American Rights Fund (NARF), an organization that works to protect Native rights. Bucketfeet will also be donating $1 per pair sold.
The resilient animals who’ve adapted to thrive in the harsh desert heat have earned their own name: xerocole. Attaining food, water, and even regulating their own body temperature is a constant challenge for these birds, reptiles, camels, scorpions, etc., but they sure do look majestic while doing it.
Entries will be previewed at the fat quarter size: 21″ x 18.” Submissions close January 24, 2017, at 3 p.m. Eastern. Voting begins January 26. Get inspired with our Desert Animals blog post. See official rules.
Some animals prefer the view from above! Big horn sheep, black bears, mountain lions, buffalo, eagles, the list goes on and on. Create a design inspired by the rocky terrain and diverse mountain climates, and the animals who call this habitat home.
Entries will be previewed at the fat quarter size: 21″ x 18.” Submissions close January 31, 2017, at 3 p.m. Eastern. Voting begins February 2, 2017. Get inspired with Spoonflower's Mountain Animals Pinterest board. See official rules.
From alligators to cuckoo birds, rainforests are rich in biodiversity and home to a multitude of species. It’s time to get bright and colorful with your design inspired by animals of the rainforest!
Entries will be previewed at the fat quarter size: 21″ x 18.” Submissions close February 7, at 3 p.m. Eastern. Voting begins February 9. Get inspired with Spoonflower's Rainforest Animals Pinterest Board. See official rules.
Native American peoples believe in giving thanks and respect to aquatic life, which cleanse and purify the waters and provide nourishment to many people. Capture the diverse landscape of sea dwellers in your aquatic themed design!
Entries will be previewed at the fat quarter size: 21″ x 18.” Submissions close February 14, 2017, at 3 p.m. Eastern. Voting begins February 16. Get inspired with our Aquatic Animals Pinterest Board. See official rules.
Each week we will have a popularly voted top 10. Out of the top 10, one grand prize winner each week will be chosen by Bucketfeet, and we will offer $250 for the grand prize winner, along with licensing agreement of $1 for every pair of shoes sold.
We may choose to offer a license agreement to more than just the grand prize winner, so if you make the top 10 and aren’t chosen for the grand prize, you still might be seeing your design produced a line of shoes.
- 1 grand prize winner each week, chosen from the top 10 by Bucketfeet, will receive $250 from Bucketfeet, and a licensing agreement of $1.00 for every pair of shoes sold. The grand prize winner will receive a pair of shoes with their design from Bucketfeet and a $200 Spoonflower credit.
- 2nd place (4 total, 1 per theme) winner will receive a $75 credit to BucketFeet.com, along with a $100 Spoonflower credit.
- 3rd place (4 total, 1 per theme) will receive a $75 credit to Bucketfeet.com. along with a $50 Spoonflower credit.
- Remaining top 10 designs (4-10) will receive a $20 Spoonflower credit, and a discount code for 20% off at Bucketfeet.
- The top 25 popular voted designs from each theme (100 total) will be automatically made available for sale in the Spoonflower Marketplace (provided they are a verified seller) where they will receive 10% commission on every sale — no $5 swatch required.