- What is Bucketfeet?
- Why should I submit artwork to Bucketfeet? What is it used for?
- Where are Bucketfeet shoes sold?
- How do I join the Bucketfeet Artist Network?
- What kind of artwork are you looking for?
- Does the artwork have to be original?
- Do I have to be from the United States to submit artwork?
- How old do I have to be to submit artwork and be selected?
- I'm not a digital artist, can I still apply?
- What are the format requirements for artwork submissions?
- How do I create a vector?
- I can’t upload my design. Can I email it to you?
- Can I go back and edit my submission?
- Why do you ask for my social media handles?
- Can I submit artwork more than once?
Selection Process & Info
- How do you make your selections?
- Do I retain ownership of my artwork?
- Does Bucketfeet ever change an artist’s design without asking?
- If my artwork is selected, how much will I be paid?
- If selected, how am I paid and how often?
- Will I find out if my work is not selected? Will I receive feedback?
- How quickly will I find out if my work is selected or not?
- If my work is selected when will it be available for purchase?
- If I’m not selected, am I disqualified from submitting again?
- I registered but never received a confirmation email. Why?
- Do your shoes ship internationally?
- How can I promote my work and earn more?
What is Bucketfeet?
Bucketfeet is on a mission to connect people through art by tapping into the diversity and creativity of world. We collaborate with artists from around the world to create products that stand out and tell a story.
Anyone can register at Bucketfeet.com and submit artwork to be considered for shoe production. Artists whose designs are selected receive an upfront payment for their artwork, as well as royalties on all sales of their product.
Why should I submit artwork to Bucketfeet? What is it used for?
Your artwork could be selected and sold as a limited-edition Bucketfeet shoe or other Bucketfeet-branded product. We also provide opportunities for artists to gain exposure through online content, events, and various programming.
Where are Bucketfeet shoes sold?
Our products are sold at Bucketfeet.com, our own studio spaces, and retailers in over 30 countries.
How do I join the Bucketfeet Artist Network?
Click here to register. Once registered, you can fill out your artist profile and start submitting original artwork.
What kind of artwork are you looking for?
We welcome all types of artists and media. Graffiti artists, illustrators, graphic designers, tattoo artists, oil painters, photographers, and many other types of artists are part of the Bucketfeet family.
Does the artwork have to be original?
Yes, all artwork must be originally conceived and designed by the artist who submits. If you have questions about image ownership or your particular design, please email email@example.com.
Do I have to be from the United States to submit artwork?
Absolutely not! We have selected and sold artwork from artists all over the world.
How old do I have to be to submit artwork and be selected?
You must be at least 18 years old. If you are younger than 18, you must show proof of parental permission to be eligible to submit.
I'm not a digital artist, can I still apply?
Definitely! We don’t want anyone to feel left out just because they don't have certain software or tech skills. However, we do ask that you send us your finished artwork in the file formats we require. Email firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any issues and we'll do our best to assist you.
What are the format requirements for artwork submissions?
Initially, you are only required to submit a .jpg Preview Image. You can also submit Production-Ready Artwork (recommended) and/or a Product Mockup (optional) whenever you're ready:
- Production-Ready Artwork: We prefer a vectorized .ai file with 4:5 aspect ratio. If vectors are not available, a 20x25" .psd file or .jpg file at 300 dpi resolution will suffice. Limit palette to 6 colors. This is the file that will help us evaluate your artwork for different types of products (e.g., wall art, shoes, socks).
- Product Mockup: Download one of our templates to create a mockup of your design as a product. We prefer a vectorized .ai file. If vectors not available, a .psd file at size will suffice. Limit palette to 6 colors. Templates can be downloaded on the Submission page.
How do I create a vector?
We recommend watching this instructional video: http://www.creativebloq.com/illustration/started-vector-illustration-4132523.
I can’t upload my design. Can I email it to you?
We require all artists to submit via our website. If you’re encountering difficulties, please email us at email@example.com and we’ll do our best to help you to complete your submission.
Can I go back and edit my submission?
Yes! We only require a Preview Image File at first so that you can submit or edit your Production-Ready Artwork and/or Product Mockup as needed. Also, if we love your artwork but are having trouble with the files you have submitted, we’ll let you know so that you can edit your submission and still be in the running.
Why do you ask for my social media handles?
Social media is a great resource for reference and promotion. It helps us get a better understanding of you as an artist. Also, if you’re selected, it's an easy, effective way to promote your work.
Can I submit artwork more than once?
Yes, and we most definitely encourage you to! There is no limit to the number of design submissions accepted.
Selection Process & Info
How do you make your selections?
An in-house committee individually reviews each submission. Submissions are chosen based on artistic style and quality, seasonal trends, the artist’s story, and other factors. With each of our collections, we strive to represent a diversity of artwork and artists. Previous submissions are always kept under consideration.
Do I retain ownership of my artwork?
When you submit your artwork to Bucketfeet, you are still the owner. If your artwork is selected to be sold as a shoe AND we produce 240 or more pairs of your design, Bucketfeet will buy all rights to your work as explained below.
If my artwork is selected, how much will I be paid?
You will receive a $1 fee for every pair sold, a Bucketfeet gift card, and discount codes to share with your friends and family.
Additionally, if we produce a total of 240 or more pairs of your design (our factory's definition of "mass production"), you will receive an additional $250 payment that grants us ownership of your artwork.
The initial release of a shoe often represents a small quantity, typically 100 pairs, that allows us to test your design and to maintain a diverse assortment of designs. Depending on how your design performs and whether or not we choose to keep it as a one-time release, we may decide to order additional units that would trigger the $250 payment.
If selected, how am I paid and how often?
Payments are sent via PayPal, which is why we ask for your PayPal info in your artist profile. Payments are made two months after the close of the month in which the sales were made. For example, payments for August sales will be made in October.
Does Bucketfeet ever change an artist’s design without asking?
We consider ourselves experts at putting artwork on shoes, and, from time to time, we exercise our right to change a design so that it looks its absolute best on a shoe or better fits the season in which it will be sold. That being said, we take care to ensure that the integrity of the original artwork is not lost.
Will I find out if my work is not selected? Will I receive feedback?
Yes, you will be notified if your work is not selected. If you have questions about your design’s status, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
How quickly will I find out if my work is selected or not?
We select designs on a rolling basis for pre-production sampling and testing. This process can take several months from the time that you submit artwork to us. We understand that it’s a long process, but due to the nature of footwear, there is no real way around it.
If I’m not selected, am I disqualified from submitting again?
Absolutely not! Some of the most successful Bucketfeet artists haven’t had their work selected until the third or fourth try. Never stop creating!
I registered but never received a confirmation email. Why?
Please email email@example.com and we’ll confirm your account.
Do your shoes ship internationally?
We currently ship to Canada, Australia, UK, and Germany.
How can I promote my work and earn more?
There are lots of ways to promote your work! Social media is a great place to start. We try to give you as much shareable content as possible so that you always have fun, unique stuff to put out into the world every time you talk about your Bucketfeet products.